2022 Decorex Cape – Celebrating the designers and businesses that are reimagining the future of the industry, Decorex Cape Town made its come-back this year after a two-year break. Several new industry awards were announced during the official opening on Thursday, 16 June.
L-R: James Vos, mayoral committee member for economic growth, City of Cape Town; Nokuzola Jenness, Yellowwoods Ventures Investments; Siviwe Jali, designer at Clout/SA; Khosi Leteba, designer at Clout/SA; Tracy Lee Lynch, creative director at Clout/SA; Katlego Tshuma, designer at Clout/SA; Bonolo Helen Chepape, designer at Clout/SA; and Candice Lawrence, designer at Clout/SA. –
The judging process was facilitated by Sisipho Graham of House and Leisure, and the panel of independent judges included Laurence Brick, MD of Platform Creative; interior designer Liam Mooney; Johanna VDM-Brouwer, owner and creative lead at The Sourcing Lab; and Anja Joubert, trend director at Superbalist.
Lana Fredericks, curator of 100% Radical Transparency with James Vos, mayoral committee member for economic growth, City of Cape Town
Commending the creators and organizations that are rethinking the eventual fate of the business, Decorex Cape Town made its returned for this present quite a long time following a two-year break. A few new industry grants were reported during the authority opening on Thursday, 16 June.
L-R: James Vos, mayoral board of trustees part for financial development, City of Cape Town; Nokuzola Jenness, Yellowwoods Ventures Investments; Siviwe Jali, architect at Clout/SA; Khosi Leteba, creator at Clout/SA; Tracy Lee Lynch, innovative chief at Clout/SA; Katlego Tshuma, originator at Clout/SA; Bonolo Helen Chepape, planner at Clout/SA; and Candice Lawrence, fashioner at Clout/SA. – 2022 Decorex Cape
The making a decision about process was worked with by Sisipho Graham of House and Leisure, and the board of free adjudicators included Laurence Brick, MD of Platform Creative; inside planner Liam Mooney; Johanna VDM-Brouwer, proprietor and imaginative lead at The Sourcing Lab; and Anja Joubert, pattern chief at Superbalist.
Lana Fredericks, caretaker of 100 percent Radical Transparency with James Vos, mayoral council part for monetary development, City of Cape Town
2022 Decorex Cape Awards – Complete List Of Award
- The Build Award for the exhibitor who decisively understood the capability of engineering materials, and spatial direction in a plan plot headed to Arc Modular.
- The Kitchen Award for the exhibitor who integrated usefulness, supportability, style and development into this diligent heart of the home went to The Trend Kitchen by Cosentino and Numu Kitchens. Extraordinary notice went to Caesarstone.
- The Reimagination Award for the exhibitor who most comprehensively exemplified the current year’s subject of reimagination and has shown adapting, reevaluate and rethink the fate of configuration went to Her Perspective.
- The Collaboration Award for the best illustration of co-creation, granted to the group that best understood the production of room for the thoughts of others went to Clout/SA. An exceptional notice went to Okra Candles.
- The New Talent Award for the most conspicuous new voice in the plan world went to Siviwe Jali from Clout/SA.
- The Sustainability Award, perceiving critical headways in the utilization of low-influence materials in both assembling and further utilization was given to the Garage of the Future, Progressed by Audi.
- The Designer of the Year Award for the planner who delivered reliably extraordinary, unique and significant work went to Thabisa Mjo. Extraordinary notice was given to Haldane Martin.
- The Best Stand Award, honoring the stand that showed the most inventive, intuitive, and informative potential, went to 100 percent Radical Transparency organized by Lana Fredericks. Unique notice went to the Njano Restaurant by Cassandra Twala of moea plan Studio. – 2022 Decorex Cape